Wednesday, November 26, 2008

'Stalins in the treeline' Cromwell Models Flak 41


Comwell Models Flak 41 is one of those delightful kits that can be built straight from the box with the absolute minimum of fuss over a couple of evenings work. Try as I might I could find very little to improve upon and the simple assemble procedure combines with a well designed parts which fit as intended. The only modifications that I made were to add the hooks which secure the gunshields during transportation and to add the stowage points for the spikes that secure the gun on the chassis sides. I also modified the gunners seat, replacing the resin seat bracket with a copy made from brass tube so that it would be strong enough to hold the gunner, but more of that later. In order to give the gun a more secure fixing to the cruciform I fitted 2 brass rods into the base of the gun which located into the cruciform.

Download (depositfiles.com)

No comments: