Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Military Modelling Aug 2001


Now the fun part starts! Chipping is, (or me, much more than the recreation of spots of chipped paint. It also given a lot more finesse to your model! But chipping with dark and rusty colours only works on light base colours, so remember this while spraying the base colour. For reasons of scale effect, it is better to make the base colour quite light anyway. After trying pastels and oil paints, I now prefer to use Humbrol enamels and I put these also on piece of aluminium foil (usually only the thick paint from the bottom of the tin,) getting the consistency right by mixing it for every brush load with while spirit. This might seem a waist of time, but it helps to get the paint on my brush always the way I want it - not too thick or too thin. Moreover, the paint will always dry matt, something (hat is not always guaranteed when using paint straight out of the tin!


Download (depositfiles.com)

No comments: