Thursday, April 18, 2013

Military In Scale 12/2011

One of the many things that annoys me on a regular basis is an untidy house and so I spend plenty of time ensuring that it is kept as tidy as possible, for as long as possible. It is therefore something of a contradiction that my workshop is (or rather was...) such an unbelievable pigsty! Not only is it a place in which I build models, I also store my library in there along with review samples and the like - in fact, I have so much material in there that what should be a twelve foot by eight foot workshop, has been whittled down to one that has a working space of no more that five by two! Something definitely had to give... A recent windfall has given me the opportunity to rethink and rebuild my workshop and turn it from a glorified shed, to a more economically designed home office more suited to my work on MIS. When we moved into our house, the shed was already in place. Well lined out with insulated walls and a large workbench running its length, the previous owner had used it as a woodworking shop and I simply moved in, planted some bookshelves and storage and hoped for the best.

No comments: