Thursday, April 18, 2013

Military Illustrated Modeller Issue 016

The model club I belong invited the famous modeller Miguel Jimenez to a meeting in order to teach us his new technique 'weathering in one day' using the new AK Interactive products. We all spent the whole Sunday weathering from start to finish without stopping; this model is the result. Hobbyboss's kit of the M706 armoured patrol car was ideal for the purpose. I initially considered detailing-up the model using photo-etched parts but I decided against this option for an out of box build. Some parts needed to be replaced, such as the wheels, which were substituted with a resin aftermarket set and I also added the door handles plus some nuts from plastic card. After painting and weathering the interior I started painting the model. The main goal of this build was to try to incorporate different techniques for weathering in order to obtain a realistic finish, but in a short time. The first and very important step is to prime the model for proper paint adhesion and coverage, so I sprayed a coat of Vallejo primer.

No comments: