Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flying Sale Models 05/2013

Before I hand over to Tim for the construction of this particular model, perhaps you might be interested in how it came about. Years ago I spotted, on line, a rubber power plan for the Martin MO-1 and downloaded it to my computer - where the plan sat forgotten for some time. A few years ago I was asked for some more designs to suit the little GWS IPS motor units and, checking the size of the Martin's nose, it looked very promising. The fact that it also looked quick and easy to draw up clinched the deal and the plans were prepared. While drawing it, I'd really become rather fond of its ungainly charm and actually decided to build the model myself. Once completed, and at the flying field, I was very pleased that I had. It looks as if it ought to be one of those models that chugs around the sky, but actually turned out to be far more nimble than I had expected.

No comments: