Thursday, July 18, 2013

Flying Scale Models 11/2012

Mike Conrad's Bowers Fly-Baby Biplane isn't meant to be a Class One scale model, there is no pretence of having absolutely scale fittings, it doesn't have a cross axle (to prevent tripping in the grass - although you can fit one if you wish) and it has ailerons on both the lower and top wings. It is what one would term as a 'character' scale model, look at it closely and you can pick a few scale holes in it, but in the air it is a 'Fly Baby' through and through. It has that hard-to-define authority when flying. But over to Mike.
It is usually early on in January that the urge to build a new model suddenly strikes me. But, of course, it takes me at least another month to decide which full size subject to tackle. Mind you, who am kidding? It was always going to be a biplane and, however much I looked at the World War I selection, I really could not find something that had not been done before.


No comments: