Monday, May 10, 2010

Advanced Aviation Modelling


What progress are you making as a modeller? When I go to the IPMS Nationals or Scale Model World, as it is now known, I come away asking myself that same question. Am I improving? Am I stuck in a rut? Do I knowingly rush and cut corners that I know will be to the detriment of the model? The aim of this book is to commend to you the benefits of trying to get more out of your interest in making scale-model aeroplanes, by looking deeper into the after-market and homegrown possibilities that exist and thus advance in the hobby. Any overlap in subject matter with Mark Stanton's excellent overview of the hobby is not meant in any way to be disingenuous but is rather the natural result of trying to achieve the stated aim of the book. What the book cannot do is refine your manual dexterity or give you artistic perception. This hobby will always be an individual effort where practice will teach you more than a hundred books of this nature. Put another way, this book can inform, inspire and motivate but it can never generate!

Download from (hotfile.com)

No comments: