Thursday, January 16, 2014

Military Illustrated Modeller 02/2014

About a month or so before the 201 3 US IPMS Nationals, I was taking inventory of all of my 'half started' projects. Looking at the various degrees of completion on several of my projects, I wanted to assess what the 'low hanging fruit' would be if I was to try to complete something new to take to the contest. Among the partially started projects, I came across the 1:48 M1A2 by Gaso.Line. I bought this kit from Wanamaker Hobbies a couple of years earlier and had quickly cleaned up all of the casting blocks and then put it back in the box. Although I had not made much (I mean any) progress on the construction to that point, I thought it could be an easy and fun build and most importantly, it could be finished in time for the show! The kit has a whopping fifty-two parts in resin as well as nice little decal sheet. The instructions consist of two 8.5" x 11" colour copies that have brief history, a parts list (in French), photos of the parts with there part numbers called out, eight photos of a built model with the part numbers and arrows pointing to the appropriate spot on the image and finally, three colour photos of the tank in Iraq as well as a colour profile. Construction started with the lower hull and running gear.

No comments: