Thursday, December 5, 2013

Airfix Model World 01/2014

So, how was it for you? Did you blow your budget or show some financial restraint? Did you find plenty of bargains? Questions like these are all too common when chatting on the telephone or via email to my modelling colleagues at the moment. As I sit here and look at the carrier bags filled with 'stuff' that I purchased at IPMS Scale Model World, I'm asking myself 'will the Christmas break be long enough?' Of course it won't be. There's a modelling project to finish off from last year and a pile of books I'm keen to read. Those are planned for a very, very lazy afternoon shortly after Boxing Day, with a big mug of tea, a comfy chair and a Cold War reconnaissance mission along Russia's border region during the 1950s - all from the comfort of a study on the South Coast of England. This of course will lead to the inevitable inspiration, and diversion, to mull over other potential modelling projects - an early model Lockheed U-2 or an RB-74H Stratojet, or one of my favourite series of aircraft, the RC/EC-135s.

No comments: