Friday, September 6, 2013

Scale Military Modeller International 09/2013

I was very curious and excited for three reasons when the Editor asked if l was interested in putting together the Trumpeter T-62 ERA. Firstly, l have a few Trumpeter kits in my stash but have not yet built any of them, secondly I remember building the Tamiya T-62 many years back and enjoyed it despite all the shortcomings in the kit and lastly, l like the shape of modern tanks with 'Explosive Reactive Armour' as they look a bit futuristic! On opening the box I was delighted to see the many parts (approximately 600) including some photo-etch, a turned metal barrel and some different lengths of wire. I found the instructions easy to follow and I have to say that even at an early stage I had decided that I would be building more Trumpeter kits in the near future! I began the build with the wheels, and found no problems here as they all went together easily (and well done Trumpeter for the separate rims). The bottom hull is made of two parts and needed just a tiny bit of filler.

No comments: