Tuesday, August 27, 2013

RC Model World 09/2013

This is the second PA model I have had the pleasure of reviewing. The Addiction X is still one of my favourite models for light-wind 3-D flying, and I was very close to ordering one of the Extra MX models for the more usual breezy conditions here in the UK. It's larger, with the obvious added power offered from a 6S LiPo set-up. The big bonus with PA is they designed their 6S models from the outset to use two 3S packs in series, knowing that just about every electric flyer would have some 2200 mAh 3S packs in their battery collection. I also had a few 2700 6S packs from the popular 500-size helicopters that I hoped to use, in addition to a huge number of 3S 2200 packs. Dual use of packs is a real bonus to me for justification of new models. I keep a regular eye on the Precision Aerobatics website as I have really rated the company since doing the Addiction X review and researching the company, their products and policies. I had seen the announcement of the soon to be released Katana MX and it appealed more than the Extra MX. The power set-up was the same, so this ensured I could also try the Extra MX at a later date if I wanted to. I contacted the UK importer MacGregor Industries for a delivery time scale and then placed an order and waited for the brown box delivery!

No comments: