Thursday, April 11, 2013

Military In Scale 05/2011

Many of you will recall that in the last few years, Historex Agents have been giving away a small range of Napoleonic 1/15th scale resin busts from the Historex offshoot, Nemrod, with every purchase over £35. Having seen them, I, being a total Napoleonic nut of course wanted them but couldn't really afford to spend that much on other kits. So I resorted to a subterfuge. As I am lucky enough to spend a lot of my time writing kit reviews, many of them supplied by the said firm, I approached Lynn Sangster and, well, to put it bluntly, I begged! I'm sure that the tear that also accompanied this abject begging went some way toward him relenting and allowing me to have a sample of each one. I now have eight of the original giveaway busts, all painted, and recently two more arrived in time for Euromilitaire. However, at last and due to popular demand, Historex NCO of France decided to put them on the general market and they can be purchased for a very modest £8.75 each. Not bad, eh?

No comments: