Friday, April 19, 2013

Military In Scale 04/2012

Sometimes a kit comes along that just screams "build me!" When I first heard that a new pick-up was being released and in plastic to boot, I for one was excited by the idea, my imagination taking me in all sorts of directions, not least of which was the idea that I could now perhaps build a game-themed diorama. Seeing the kit on various websites only served to heighten my desire to build it and so when I finally came across one earlier this year, out came the wallet so that I could see whether or not, the excitement was justified. Meng are a new company who have entered the modelling world with two new kits of what at first appears to be a generic pick-up truck, the like of which can be seen in many of the globe s military hot-spots. Further investigation though proves that the kit is a little more specific, replicating well, a late Nineties Toyota Hilux with four-man cab. So far, so good!

No comments: