Monday, April 29, 2013

Air Modeller Issue 47

I was advised to make a Wingnut Wings kit because as you'll see, the Wingnut Wings kits are simply stunning! The assembly is so easy that it is quite disconcerting, the adjustments are devilishly precise and the boxes are so full there is just no room to swing a cat! From among the many possible choices from the range, I decided that the famous fighter RAF SE.5A 'Hisso' powered by a V8 Hispano Suiza was worth a go. As soon as I opened the box, I understood I was in the presence of a true gem! In spite of the very high level of details, I used a few additional tricks, especially with the dedicated Eduard photoetch set and with the flat 'aerodynamic' rigging lines chosen from in RB Production's catalogue, which are essential to recreate an exact copy of a SE.5A. Lets get deal now with the assembly: it starts with some minor work concerning the inside of the fuselage. In the first phase, I replaced the internal rigging, once the painting was done, with stretched plastic wires which bring much more depth and realism. Another enhancement was the seat cushion, which was reworked with an additional layer of two-part putty.

No comments: