Monday, April 29, 2013

Air Modeller Issue 44

The Trumpeter has undertaken for a number of years now, a new journey into the world of larger scale aircraft kits in 1:32 and 1:24. It is fair to say that most of these models are great, but there are greater difficulties associated with their construction and their storage! I wanted to accept this challenge and to see if once the modelling work was completed, if it was possible to get close to a convincing level of realism in 1:32 scale. To do so I built the A-10 Warthog A, one of the earlier releases in the Trumpeter 1:32 range. The model is enormous, but it has many flaws, reminding me in some ways the old Tamiya kit in 1:48. As I said, the larger scale places greater demands on the modeller with details that may not be obvious in 1:72 being very obvious in 1:32. The biggest problem areas of the kit are the cockpit, and the canopy. The rest of the model can be considered reasonably accurate. Before I started building the model, I spent time in various internet searches, gaining wide variety of pictures, for the subject in question.

No comments: