Saturday, June 12, 2010

Military Miniatures in Review No.17


The M6 antitank gun was derived from the 3-inch gun carriage Ml. Near the end of 1942, the United States took a 3-inch anti-aircraft tube and mated it with the 105mm howitzer carriage. These guns were used in all theaters of war, although they were best known for their use in and around Bastone during the Battle of the Bulge. They were quite cumbersome, but proved to be very effective. This gun was also modified to fit the 3-inch GMC, (Gun Motor Carriage) M10 Tank Destroyer. KMC's conversion is very impressive, as is most of their product line. Their delicate resin castings make me nervous every time I handle them. 1 am always impressed with how thin and to scale some of these pieces reallv are. This does not mean that this conversion was a breeze. There were some minor annoyances, hut I think this article and the accompanying photos will help clear those up. You will also need one Italeri 105mm howitzer M101 to mate with KMC's M6 conversion. I don't know how Italeri's 105 howitzer kit slipped past me through the years. After I looked over the details of the Italeri sprues I was truly impressed. This is one nice kit, right out of the box.

Download from (hotfile.com)

No comments: