Friday, June 27, 2014

Model Airplane International 07/2014

While it is true that we already have an MS.406 in this scale from Hasegawa. there have always been those that felt it left something to be deserved as far as accuracy went, so who better to do the type than French company Azur, using the moulding skills of MPM in the Czech Republic. I started this kit by quietly studying the I instruction sheet because on the sprue J you have different optional parts like a8 the propeller, as well as some that can «I be discarded such as the fixed radiator for the MS.410. Anyway, first I built the cockpit, it is well detailed with photo-etched for the instrument panel, seat belts and some tiny pieces. The front and rear panel are plain instead of the steel tubing that they should be but, if like me, you leave the canopy closed it will be fine. I made the rollover frame with stretched sprue as this is not supplied in the box but it is shown in the instructions. The main cockpit was a dark shade of blue/grey and for this I chose Humbrol 77 (Navy Blue). I applied Humbrol 67 (Leather Brown) on the harness and seat cushion then applied a very dark wash of Tamiya X-1 9 Smoke before a thin layer of Prince August acrylic polyurethane matt varnish sealed everything in. Next I secured the fuselage halves with very thin liquid cement, working on small lengths to get a strong bond. Half an hour later I added cyanoacrylate glue to act as a (quick) putty so that in a further 30 minutes I could sand these seams. I used the same system between the wing and the fuselage join, starting with the lower section and working up because that way I could better adjust the fit and alignment. Finally I glued the horizontal tail to conclude the fuselage assembly.

No comments: