Monday, March 31, 2014

Radio Control Jet 04-05/2014

There's now a good choice of Viper Jets on the market both large and small. I have been looking for a new Viper to replace my old Cermark one; a Viper around the same size but lighter, as the Cermark Viper was very heavy and is now around six years old. The plan was to find the right version able to take a 22 lb turbine, with 2 m(ish) wingspan at a reasonable price and one that is easy to live with, i.e. quick to setup at the field and easy to transport and store. I am sure we all have the issue of hangar rash and the nightmare of getting our models out of the house and into the car! Then, at a local club meet, a member turned up with the new JetLegend Viper. Within a few days I'd had a chat with Jeff Sewell from Zedjets and put one on order! This Viper Jet is a break away from their normal method of finishing, as it's painted outside of the mould as standard. Vacuum moulding ensures lightness of the airframe and this translates nicely into flight characteristics - it has a great turn of speed but will float in nicely with full flap. As I mentioned earlier I wanted to use the turbine from my old Viper, a JetCat P80SE - it seemed perfect for this model. I ordered the kit with retracts, wheels and brakes. I also ordered the electronic retract, brake valve and cockpit from Jeff too. Alter a few weeks (seemed like years!) waiting like a child for Christmas, it arrived. Well packed in a large corrugated cardboard box, I checked for any shipping damage and found none.

No comments: