Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Airfix Model World 02/2014

As I write this I am still looking through my Telford stash - yes, honestly - and looking over notes I took following conversations we had with visitors to the Key stand. Of course, there are always a few who don't like anything the kit manufacturers make or plan to release. I heard comments like, 'Why aren't Airfix making this?' or 'What's the point in another one of those...?' I'm sure some of the other kit companies heard the same range of comments, too. I heartily agree that recent prices from some of the Japanese companies are enough to make you flinch - even though, in my world, you can never have enough F-4EJs in special markings. But at the end of the day it's all down to personal choice and how you want to spend your money, isn't it? And Telford is about having a good time with friends and colleagues - and stocking up on kits. This year represents some significant anniversaries, such as the beginning of World War One and D-Day. I hope that many of you will not only build something from these events, but also take time to read about both of these battles. A little initial knowledge and reading can become a lifelong interest, which can take one who knows where?

No comments: