Thursday, November 7, 2013

Airfix Model World 12/2013

By the time this issue is published it'll be time for IPMS Scale Model World, better known as 'Telford' to the seasoned visitor. In fact, as you read this Editor's Welcome you may even be midway through drawing up a Telford wish list, or be at the show itself surrounded by carrier bags and chatting with friends. The halls will probably be echoing with the hum of a thousand modelling-related conversations, while the club displays are no doubt inspiring you to get modelling again that evening. Meanwhile the quest to match newly purchased kits with new decal sheets and resin accessories, and recently published reference books, may be causing that feeling of being back in an exam hall at school. But it's all part of the modelling extravaganza and hopefully, once home, you won't experience that sinking feeling of having missed a purchase. Among the modellers I know I often hear: "I'm not going mad this year, I'm only getting what I really need - honestly." I'll wait and see what they actually buy. There can be a lot of 'really need' purchases.

No comments: