Saturday, October 26, 2013

Gun World - Handgun Buyer's Guide 2013

I stopped testing when I discovered the first bulged case out of the M22.1 got mad when I noticed that all of the cases were bulged. Then I got in touch with an engineer at ISSC's headquarters in Austria, who explained that the bulged cases are completely normal for the M22. Bulged cases are not normal in general, I told him. Yes, he said, but in this case, they are within safe parameters and are a harmless result of thefeedramp's design...and no one reloads .22 LR brass anyway, so there's really nothing to worry about. I had my doubts, so I put on the thickest leather gloves I have, hauled out the hottest .22 LR ammunition we had, and went back to the range with trepidation...and determination. The M22 ate (and bulged) more than 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mag, 100 rounds of CCI Stinger, 100 rounds of Velocitor, and we have no idea how many hundreds of Remington Golden Bullet, Federal Champion, Winchester Super-X, and other high-velocity ammunition......without a single case failure. No bulges ever burst. No cases ever split. The M22 kept going, just like the engineer said it would, and I eventually took off the gloves and went back to having a fun time shooting.


No comments: