Friday, August 2, 2013

Military Modelling 08/2013

When Riich Mode s first announced that they would be releasing a 1:35 scale Universal Carrier Mk.I, it was probably the most exciting and anticipated upcoming re ease for many in the modelling community. As soon as my kit arrived I literally cleared my workbench and immediate y started on this project. The re ease represents the Universal Gun Carrier Mk.I which was used on most fronts throughout WW2 by the Commonwealth (Canadian, British, Australia) and a large number of captured carriers were pushed into German service as we I. Moreover, the Universal Carrier took many forms and, similar to the Churchill Infantry Tank, was converted into many variants to serve a great number of functions and roles with differing armament i.e. MMG (with Vickers), Artillery Tractor, Wireless, Flamethrower and mortar carrier. The history on the development of the Universal Gun Carrier has a ready been we -documented in many excellent books. In summary, the development of the Universal Carrier was borne from many designs which were developed between the wars.

No comments: