Sunday, July 14, 2013

Panzer Aces No.24

I know mine is not the first case and won't be the last. It is the typical result of an initially modest project that began to grow like a snowball going downhill. It all started with a proposal to write an article in Panzer Aces /Armor Model magazine about a 1/72 scale UM ammunition carrier 38(t) kit.When I had the kit in my hands, I thought it was too small. It would end up being a meagre article. I immediately thought of adding more elements. I immediately thought of another vehicle. I would make a tank to have the munitions transport feed it. If not an incredibly original idea, at east it would help to add ''substance'' to the scene. I was a so attracted by an hydraulic construction I had come across on the Internet. The only thing that was stopping me from reproducing it was the massive size it was going to be in 1/35 scale. Building it in 1/72 scale would be a much more viable project, and I would have a second element to decorate the scene. And I kept on thinking. I have the bad habit of visiting mode shops frequently, where I usually end up watching many incredible kits and buying many of them.

No comments: