Friday, July 5, 2013

AFV Modeller Issue 71

Modern Russian vehicles have always been a subject that I have found very captivating. I always pick up the newest kits and the new photo-etch and resin conversions find a way into my work shop. Since painting and weathering a vehicle in combat conditions is my favorite part of modelling, most modern Russian subjects get pushed to the back of the work bench as I build and paint the newest WW II project. A shinny T-72 on parade in Moscow just won't do it for me. As I was researching current Russian uniforms for some figures I was painting, images of the Russian Army in Chechnya keep showing up. A particular picture of a combat weary T-62 with a KMT-7 mine roller peaked my interest. After quick check of my stash, I was confident I had all the necessary parts to re-create the T-62.

No comments: