Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tamiya Model Magazine 07/2013

I found out about Ma.K (Maschinen Krieger) kits by searching for sci-fi models on the net. I didn't know what I had just stumbled across but I knew I had to build it! With my love of Star Wars and fondness of old rusty WW2 tanks, this ticked all the right boxes. It was the 1:20 Großer Hund kit by Hasegawa. After a little researching and checking out other peoples builds I was blown away by the talent of these Maschinen Krieger modellers! To say I was a little apprehensive to start on this project is an understatement, but rather than get bogged down by the 'rivet counters' I thought I'd just roll with it and put my own stamp on it. On opening the rather substantial box I was greeted by lots of sprues (including a rubber one), instructions, a handy reference card, clear parts, decals and some lengths of rubber hose. I couldn't wait to get stuck in.

No comments: