Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Military In Scale 04/2011

Whenever the subject of my job comes up, I always seem to find myself explaining that not all models that I build are 'Airfix' kits; in much the same way that every pen is a 'Bic' and every vacuum a 'Hoover', most people know of plastic model kits only by the name 'Airfix'. Over the years I've followed their progress, their ups and downs and their recent rebirth with some interest and have been saddened and delighted by the twists and turns in their story, in equal measure. Thank goodness then that over the last couple of years, the story has had more ups than downs! This issue sees me building the latest kit to be released by this famous company. Airfix have made no secret of their desire to be 'the' company that everyone associates with the creation of Spitfire kits and so the release of a new model in 1/48 came as no surprise - indeed, it would perhaps have been more surprising if one hadn't appeared! How great then that the kit in question, a clipped-wing Mk.XII, is so nice and so much fun to build?!

No comments: