Monday, January 28, 2013

Panther


Dear reader, You hold in your hands the result of a modelling adventure that started some two years ago when group of modellers set out to model the Panther Ausf.G tank. Initially this was a group build where the modellers shared the process of the build and their knowledge of the Panther tank. The models background were to be thoroughly researched to determine the unit, location, production date etc. Initially I was not involved in this group but when I heard about it I realised the models could be used to make an interesting book. After discussions with Mirko Bayerl and Roddy MacDougall as well as the modellers involved in the group build, I decided to go ahead with this project and turn their work into a book. I also decided that I wanted to include models of the Panther Ausf. A and Ausf. D, fortunately it did not take me too long to round up some further crew members for the book who were eager to participate.

No comments: