Friday, January 25, 2013

Modeling US Armor of WW2


I've written several books and hundreds of articles on armor modeling, and I decided to take a different approach in this book. Instead of describing some specific modeling projects, I've stepped back and tried to provide a broad overview of my modeling techniques. I've done this so that I can spend more time on each of these modeling specialties. When writing about my latest model, I've often found that I fall back into robotic mode when trying to summarize my painting or weathering technique for the 400th time. So this format provides me with a bit more space than usual to describe my techniques. I want to emphasize the phrase "my techniques." This book does not cover every possible painting or construction method as there simply isn't the space to do so. It is about the methods that I use. I do not claim that they are the best techniques, but they are techniques that I have found effective for my own style of building. This book is intended to be a bit of a smorgasbord. My modeling style encompasses not only a tank model, but associated figures, stowage, scenic display and photography. I don't expect readers to be interested in all the subjects, and I don't expect readers to be interested in all the various techniques.


No comments: