Monday, January 21, 2013

Max Modeller Issue 1

It's been a long time since I painted any fantasy type figurines so when I was approached to paint one of MDC's new resin busts I welcomed the opportunity to chance my hand at painting one in oils, without the colour restraints that historical kits bring. To the kit, it is a one piece casting in and around 1/10th scale of a bust titled 'WIGHT LORD'. The detail is very good with little or no flash lines and an odd air bubble which has to be hunted out and filled. This aside, the casting is excellent and in no time was ready to be painted. It is part of a series sculpted by the talented Neil Roberts commissioned by MDC. There are no colouring instructions or photo on the snazzy bag it comes in, so it's totally up to the individual how you choose to colour it. My first impression when I got the model was that it could have been styled on a Roman Lord, especially with the scale armour, heavy cloak and pleated short sleeves, so with this in mind I had a colour scheme forming for the "Uniform" anyway.

No comments: