Thursday, January 24, 2013

Historical Figures of Japan


This figure is truly commemorable to me.with which I won the Gold award in Euro Militaire. 1996. I built the kit to image the Battle of Cannae in the 2nd Punic Wars preceded by 70 years to the fall of Carthage at the 3rd Punic Wars designed originally by the kit. The Battle of Cannae was widely known as the battle that the Carthage troops led by the great commander Hannibal annihilated the superior Roman troops with his carefully drawn up tactics. On the face of the figure, the astonishment and the terror to lose the battle after their victory seemed certain came over. I did a contrasty painting on his face to emphasize him sized suddenly with terror. I was not sure to do such a contrasty painting at that time since nobody did it. However. I aquired my confidence in the contrasty painting owing to the Gold award.

No comments: