Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Air Modeller 29


To begin, the first thing I did was to mark with pencil lines all the rivet lines on the aircraft and to then add the rivets following these lines with a rivetting tool. The Spitfire has many rivets but its not too difficult to do, It only requires a good dose of patience and keeping in mind the finished result. Upon finishing this. I moved onto the interior, and as I remarked in the introduction, the cockpit in resin Is excellent, but I wanted to go a little further and as I love to do interiors I set out to add the interior of the fuselage structure and the cameras. To do this it is advisable to have proper reference which Is not too difficult to find due to the popularity of the plane. Evergreen rods were used to add the interior ribs taking care to check the alignment between the two halves of the fuselage. The cameras were constructed from plastic sheet and rod. Then I just had to assemble the pieces of the resin cockpit and add to it a small console on one side which is what controls the cameras. Before all this, I had already marked the outlines of the access covers for the cameras and battery, and opened them up to show the interior. New covers were made from plastic working from my references. The rudder is also requires a small correction to its tip which needs to be more pointed, for this version of the Mk.XI. This can be done without much difficulty with a piece added and then sanded to shape.

Download from (hotfile.com)

No comments: