Thursday, April 8, 2010

AFV Modeller Issue 50


The Hetzer modelled in this article was one of those captured unfinished by the Czech resistance fighters from the Germans in 1945. I chose to model this particular one because I had the most information and was fairly certain about each of the slogans. There is controversy about If these Hetzers carried a primer red or mild steel finish. The sand-yellow details are also part of the debate. There are several photos of this Hetzer and her slogans where changed a few times throughout this period as well. I have always enjoyed subjects that allow me to apply different types of detailing, fresh finishes and new techniques. Over the last year I have observed talented modellers obtaining very convincing and interesting results with new methods such as the hairspray technique. I have experimented with the hairspray technique in the past but needed to resort back to traditional methods to get the look that I had envisioned on my models. I have even had the opportunity to see renowned modellers like Phil Stutcinskas and Per Olav Lund perform this technique live but was still unable to replicate it.

Download from (hotfile.com)

No comments: