Thursday, March 18, 2010

Model Military International 02 2009


This is definitely one of those projects that you can't rush, even if you try! This is actually quiet a daunting model to build, it's not the size of it that's intimidating, it's more a case of 'at which point do you start painting and how best to tackle it?' No matter how I looked at it, I couldn't seem to be able to figure out the 'at which point to paint' some of the many subassemblies, that once fixed in place would need to be re-painted due to the fact some of these parts would need a filling to get an invisible join! I can also see this model consuming rolls of masking tape and being very time consuming to mask. Do I paint the dark grey bits first, and then mask them off before adding the Schnellbootweiss to the rest of the model or should I do it the other way around? Anyway enough about worrying that, I still have an awful lot of boat to build before I even get to the painting stage.
I have thought long and hard about how best to review this model. At first I was going to write it as a standard format article, but realised it would turn into a bit of an epic and become very word heavy and could quite easily become very boring to read through. In the end I thought it best to deal with it as a large Tech Guide. We will cover over the next couple of issues, depending on how quickly I can actually finish itf because I'm far from that stage at the moment!

Download from (hotfile.com)

No comments: