Friday, March 26, 2010

FineScale Modeler 01 2004


Like many readers of Fine-Scale Modeler, Brian James likes to model aircraft he remembers from his youth. Jets were the big thing in the 1950s, so that's where Brian concentrates his modeling efforts. His first kit was a Revell F-89D Scorpion from 1957. "I still have the original instruction sheet," Brian notes. He remembers buying kits at local convenience stores and hardware stores. "Somehow, I was able to scrape together 89 cents," the Tecumseh, Ontario, resident says. Brian likes those early British and American jet fighters, especially the natural-metal ones. "I think the Sabre and Super Sabre arc two of the classic jet fighters of all time," he asserts. His Monogram 1/48 scale F-100D Super Sabre is his favorite model. His interest also includes World War II aircraft. "If the subject is right, I will build in any scale. I tend to do more in 1/72 scale due to space limitations. I've dabbled in military figures and knights in armor - there's that natural-metal finish again!"

Download from (hotfile.com)

No comments: