Friday, January 8, 2010

Verlinden Modeling Magazine Vol.8 No.1


I started with the car, which I freely admit is not an accurate representation of a specific vehicle, but the Peugeot-like compact sufficed to make the diorama work. Fitting six resin figures into a single car requires a degree of artistic license and I make no apologies to the purists out there. This one is for fun! It was built from sheet plastic and a lot of epoxy putty with clear styrene for windows. The wheels and tires I found in my scrapbox. I am constantly looking for anything that I can use in 120mm dioramas and anything I find that even remotely looks that scale goes into my stash. The interior is rather stark as I needed all the space possible to fit those six figures inside. All six were converted from the VP Panzergrenadier France (0476). using photos from a National Geographic magazine as reference. A lot of arms, legs and heads were used to give distinct personalities to what was originally the same figure.

No comments: