Monday, August 10, 2009

Military in Scale 01 2006


The Leclerc is typical of the latest releases from Tamiya, professionally produced, easy to assemble and crisply moulded. However, for the price I think it falls far short of what else is available from companies like Dragon. For instance, etched parts should have been included and not been an expensive optional extra. Also, having to cut out periscope lenses from clear acetate is unacceptable, as these could have been incorporated into the clear sprue instead of having two pairs of goggles for the single crew figure! I would have preferred plastic road wheels as opposed to the white metal wheels supplied. I found the Vallejo paints I have been using with much success had a real problem adhering to the primer these wheels are coated in - though I am aware that others paints may not have produced these results. They do however add a nice weighty feel to the model, but roughing up these wheels for that worn look, would prove far more difficult than with an injection plastic counterpart... My thanks go out to the Hobby Company for supplying this kit for review.

No comments: