Saturday, February 7, 2009

FineScale Modeler 07 2003


The kit's tracks have guide teeth incorrectly located in the middle of the track blocks instead of between them, but fortunately I found an AFV Club set of T-158 tracks (No. AF3512) that are more accurate for M1A1s in service today. Despite extensive media coverage of the war, I had some difficulty coming up with markings for my M1A1. Eventually, I found a photo in a special edition of U.S. News and World Report showing several M1s apparently with the 2nd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry. Like their Desert Storm predecessors, Iraqi Freedom M1s are loaded with external stores that seem to include everything but the kitchen sink. I gave my Abrams a pile of accessories from Greif's "Modern U.S. Tank Crew Gear" set (No. GF004) and the Academy "Tank Supplies II" set (No. 1383), but it still looks underdressed!


No comments: