Sunday, July 26, 2009

N-Scale 07-08 2009


A short time ago, I saw an ad for King Mill Enterprises' products on an Email list. I had never heard of this manufacturer before, so I took a look at their Web site (www.KingMill.com). I found several products that looked interesting, and their prices were very reasonable, so I placed an order for background buildings, some laser cut boxes to place on loading docks and a pack of "Chevron Cut Fence." Within minutes of placing my order, I received an Email from the company owner, Chris Jessee, thanking me for my order and assuring me the order would ship right away. Three days later, the package arrived and I inspected the contents. I was thrilled with the quality of all of the products I received. The laser cutting is extremely well done, with no burn marks found. The quality of the photo printing is superb. The buildings are excellent for background work such as building flats, including three dimensional work by mounting the photos on Micore or even thick cardboard (reinforced to prevent warping). The instructions encourage you to use sharp blades to cut the photos out of the thick card stock (80# cover stock) and a steel rule to make sure the cuts are straight. This is excellent advice, and I would add that the blades be changed often.

No comments: