Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Military in Scale 05 2003


I have been a fan of Military in Scale since issue number one. I can't claim to have kept all the issues, like many of your readers I am sure. I don't have the room to spare However, certainly the articles that I know I will refer back to I have kept, and I will say I not only read MIS, I also read the others. I won't mention them for unwanted publicity, suffice to say though that MIS is one of the best for overall content and subject coverage Military in Scale provides a great mix of aircraft subjects as well as armour, figures and the Navy. While you cannot please all the people all the time certainly the mapnty will achieve satisfaction every month from their purchase. I feel the feedback you receive is one of the best indicators of what modellers want. One of your competitors from the US does a yearly poll of its readers asking what they want to see in model form. A Japanese publication did the same One year the poll's top choice for a new kit was 1/72 scale Me 262; low and behold Hasegawa produced several kits seemingly on the strength of this poll Revell Monogram produced the Catalina in 1 /48. whether this was a coincidence or not is questionable, but a poll taken previously indicated that modellers wanted this aircraft in their collection. Another of your competitors' from the US run a monthly column with their wish list and its updates. Certainly I have seen some kits/models released from this list and I wonder if it is because the manufacturers take note.

No comments: