Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scale Aviation Modeller International 2008 08


As we reviewed the interdictor Canberra a few months ago I am mainly going to concentrate on the specific PR.9 parts, but what I can say from my experience of this kit is that Airfix are back better than ever. This kit has used the least filler of any I can remember in the last five years, and remember this is a test shot! The cockpit area is the same as supplied in the earlier kit, which though nicely moulded is inaccurate for any PR.9 - not a problem for me as the interior is primarily black, but for those who want 100% accuracy there is room for some scratch building or the inevitable aftermarket set. As the ejection seat is the most obvious detail I replaced the kit part with a MB7 from Aires, which has a higher level of detail plus etched brass seat belts, all for £2.50. Not quite correct for a PR.9 but who's going to know if I keep it quiet. (You're fired! - Editor) Once completed the cockpit is located within the separate fuselage upper section. I added a little detail from wire to the rear turtle deck as photographs show two pipes wrapped in red insulation tape in this area which add a touch of colour to the predominantly black cockpit. The fuselage fit is superb and the bomb bays almost a snap fit.

No comments: