Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Workbench Miniatures - The Garden of Remembrance

Though I had spent an enormous amount of time studying images of this famous machine that I'd found on the Internet, I dreamed that one day I would get to see the real Panther and be able to examine it in far greater detail; little did I know that that opportunity would come far sooner than I had ever imagined... Every year, as a member of the Kempense Modelbouw Klub (KMK), I try and attend their Scale World show, which sometimes allows some of the visitors to travel to the Ardennes to see many of the sites and museums that litter that part of the world. In 2011 I was already booked to attend the show and so I thought I would chance my arm and ask if it was possible to deviate from their plans and take an additional road trip. To cut a long story short I managed to 'convince' some of my Belgian friends to travel to Houfallize to see 'my' Panther and so on the Saturday of the show weekend, Staf Snyers, Per Olav Lund, Attila Baranyai and myself, fought a number of tricky hangovers to travel south to the Ardennes to examine and photograph a Panther.

No comments: