Sunday, June 7, 2009

Scale Aviation Modeller International 10 2005


Inside the side-opening box you get three sprues of grey plastic, one sprue of clear, an instruction sheet and a small decal sheet. The instructions show four construction sequences, with a parts tree diagram and decal placement options. All of the main parts feature very fine recessed detail, but it is so fine that a thin coat of paint will obliterate it. The decals in my sample were out of register by 1mm on each colour, and absolutely useless, so I had to revert to raiding my spares box. The finished model therefore does not represent any particular aeroplane, but it looks pleasing to my eye. In the box of my sample I was supplied with the parts tree for the two-seat version of this aircraft instead of the single-seater. It's not a huge problem, but the numbers on the parts tree diagram don't match what you have in the box. I don't know if this was a simple mistake or whether it applies to all of the kits.

No comments: