Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FineScale Modeler 01 2002


Like most of the people I meet in the hobby (especially those of the same vintage), I returned to the game (after abandoning one of my favorite pastimes to the demands of life) at about the same time that FineScale Modeler came on the scene. Prompted by a Christmas gift car kit, I checked out a local hobby shop in Dallas seeking paint, glue, and such. Talk about hobby shock - this was a whole new world of scale modeling. There was now a plethora of product and support materials, everything from publications to highly detailed figure kits. The sophistication of the new offerings overwhelmed me and I was hooked. As a history teacher, what really drew me in deep was the accuracy and detail of the aftermarket offerings, coupled with the wonderful new tool kits. I was a VLS junkie, a FineScale Modeler subscriber, and a Tamiya/Hasegawa disciple. After moving to Lincoln, Nebraska, in the early 1990s, I started working part-time for the local hobby shop, which happened to be the original HobbyTown USA.

Download (depositfiles.com)

No comments: