Monday, November 24, 2008

Model Magazine International 08 2005


The upper hull is a lovely moulding, featuring crisp raised fittings and subtle recessed lines where panels meet. A non-slip texture is present, and although perhaps a little too restrained (the real stuff is very thick and rough), it looks good and paints up nicely. I fitted the upper hull panel, bedded it in with liquid cement and fell quite pleased with myself until I realised I had forgotten to fit the rear light unit shown in Stage Five. These are installed from the inside and their apertures can not be reached with the hull top in place, so until I devise a way of fitting them from the outside, my Leclerc will remain rear light-less. Clever me. Armed with my newly acquired references. I decided, or rather was compelled to add some extra detailing. I seem unable to build a model with adding at least a few additional items as I am rarely happy with the standard parts (even Tamiya's) - I suppose it's a modeller's hang-up! Tamiya have done a superb job with this kit and have nailed the look of the vehicle perfectly, but of course there always have to be a few small detail compromises, and it was these that I chose to address. By using my favourite method of creating small rivets and bolt heads (described in the accompanying photographic sequence), I went about adding various extra details. bearing in mind that I was building from a test shot, and that these may be added by Tamiya later in the process.

Download (filefactory.com)

No comments: